Truth and the empire

 

July 27

 

An Israeli Defense Force pilot and a US World War II veteran tell their stories about violence and redemption. David Swanson talks about war and the media.  This is an evergreen program while Activist Radio takes a week vacation.

Ex-Israeli pilot: 'Our army is a terrorist organization'
Study War No More by Jay Wenk
Let's Try Democracy by David Swanson

I really enjoyed putting this program together. There seems to be an important vain of truth that joins these interviews together. And as a US veteran who "served" in the most powerful empire that the world has ever seen, I too am trying to make sense of the many decades of war that I have lived through.

This is my first "evergreen" program. I will be enjoying myself at the beach when you listen to me, instead of working in the studio like I ought to be doing. I picked Jay's book cover as the graphic above, just because I miss him and like hearing him again.

One correction needs to be pointed out. As much as I value David Swanson, he did not write: War Made Invisible, How America Hides the Human Toll of its Military Machine.  That insightful and troubling book is written by Norman Solomon, who will be our guest on Activist Radio the second week of August. I highly recommend you read the book before the interview, for its well documented truths about our empire.

War Made Invisible by Norman Solomon