SUCKA!


GUEST: Kevin Alexander Gray, civil rights organizer in South Carolina and author of "Waiting for Lightning to Strike! The Fundamentals of Black Politics," talks about Obama and the hope for economic justice.

I don't really understand the the depth of my feelings about Barak Obama. It was clear when he first ran for office that he was nothing but a fraud. Kevin Alexander Gray reviewed Obama's early political history, running against a black progressive for city council, as a favor for Mayor Dailey. 

But I must have had some hope myself that he would become something more once elected president. I was angry when he appointed Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff. Why bother getting upset? Maybe for all my protestations, I was much closer to mainstream America than I realized. I was just another SUCKA!

Or maybe it is my distaste for a man who would sell his intellect and his skin color to benefit the 1%. Intellectual whores abound in the empire.

“In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely.”
- Hunter S. Thompson